- To enhance the learning of the academic discipline sociology.
- Gain in first-hand experience of social issues with which sociologists are grappling.
- Exercise our sociological imaginations.
- Test the applications of sociological theories to our own experience: To what extent do they help us make sense of our experiences? To what extent do they help us understand what should be done to address the social issues with which sociologists are concerned?
- To enhance personal and career development.
- Promote self-understanding, self-reliance, self-worth, and self-confidence.
- First-hand experience with sociology in an applied setting: exploration of career options and competencies required.
- To help develop community and college relationships.
- See ourselves as part of the larger Arkansas City community of which Cowley County is a part.
- Discover ways we can contribute to the Arkansas City community.