Cowley College

Instrumental Music concert held at Cowley College

March 3, 2021

Cowley College’s jazz combo and concert band were featured during the instrumental music concert held Tuesday, March 2 inside the Robert Brown Theatre.

The song selections included jazz standards by Kenny Burrell, Herbie Hancock, Jimmy Forrest, and Oscar Washington performed by the Cowley College Jazz Combo. The concert primarily featured music from some of the most popular video game soundtracks, including music from Undertale, Halo, and The Elder Scrolls game franchise, including Morrowind, Oblivion and fan favorite Skyrim performed by the Concert Band.

“The jazz combo and concert band performed at an exceptionally high level of musicianship and technicality despite our setbacks from the winter storm which forced us to postpone,” director of instrumental music Dr. Michael Christensen said. “I was very proud of their dedication, professionalism, and musicianship. I was also excited to have my personal debut as concert band composer/arranger for this concert on two of the pieces performed. I couldn't have asked for a better performance from this talented group of student musicians.”

Jazz Combo personnel:
Riley Gregory, Emily Sitsler, Ariana Castillo, Isaac Gardinier, Gary Dwayne Montgomery, Zane Butler, Maggie Krout, Eric Woods, Cameron Beck, and Nathan Lawson.

Concert Band personnel:
Jennifer Wong, Avery Givens, Halle Riggs, Emily Sitsler, Shelby White, Riley Gregory, Kadan Hauser, Ariana Castillo, Maya Burley, Dakota Kerner, Eli Espinoza, Joey Price, Isaac Gardinier, Nikolai Crow, Nathan Hobson, Todd Ketron, Priscilla Lord, Cameron Beck, Sarah Gerber, Zane Butler, Eric Woods, and Trenton Vesta.

Rama Peroo

Director of Institutional Communication & Public Relations
Cowley College
125 South 2nd Street
Arkansas City, KS 67005