Cowley College

Juden honored for his service to Cowley College

May 27, 2020

Prior to becoming a distinguished member and two-time Chairman of the Cowley College Board of Trustees, Bob Juden first came to Cowley College as a student and later began employment at the school. After recently finishing up serving more than seven years on the Board, Juden was honored with a plaque for his dedication and exemplary work while on the Board of Trustees.

Juden was elected in 2013 and re-elected in 2017. There were numerous accomplishments during Juden’s tenure on the Board, such as the creation of the Sumner Campus in Wellington and the improvements made on the main campus in Arkansas City and other Cowley College Centers in Winfield, Mulvane, and Wichita.

Juden graduated from Cowley College and completed his degree at Southwestern College in Winfield. He is retired from teaching and coaching in USD 470 where he led the Arkansas City High School softball team to four state titles.

Demonstrating a successful partnership between the president and the Board of Trustees, Cowley College president Dr. Dennis C. Rittle and Trustee Juden had an opportunity to speak about Best Practices in President and Trustee Relationships each of the past three years.

“What an absolute joy it has been for my family and I to come to know and enjoy the comradery of working with Bob Juden and his wife, Reatha,” Dr. Rittle said. “Candidly, I think that I have learned what it means to be a ‘Cowley Tiger’ more from Bob than from anyone. He exhibits strength and courage balanced with care and compassion. And at his core, Bob cares first and foremost about the students and their successes. I have fondly considered him, Mr. Cowley. On behalf of the students, faculty, staff, and administration, we thank him for his service and wish him well as he continues living the life of a proud Cowley Tiger.”

Juden considers Dr. Rittle to be a great leader and was proud to serve on the Board.

“It was a great honor to be a part of the College,” Juden said. “I have such deep feelings for the school and I will always be a Tiger.”