Open Full Time Faculty Positions
How To Apply
To apply for a full-time faculty position: Submit a complete application packet, including cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts and faculty application (PDF Format) to: Cowley College, Attn: Human Resources, 125 South Second St., PO Box 1147, Arkansas City, KS 67005 or email to: email@example.com. Equal Opportunity Employer. - Non-discrimination notice.
Manufacturing Technology Instructor
Location: Arkansas City (main campus)
Department: Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Position Reports to: Associate Vice President of Business and Industry Advancement
Closing Date: Open until filled
Start: August 1, 2018
Cowley College's Career and Technical Education department is seeking a full-time Manufacturing Technology Instructor. This position is responsible for effectively managing the Manufacturing Technology program and successfully teaching students within the program.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in a related field PLUS two years’ related trade experience OR
- Skilled Trade certification PLUS five years’ related trade experience.
- Knowledge of: Programmable Logic Controls, Mechanical Systems, Industrial Process Control, Basic Electricity/AC-DC Current, Motor/Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems.
The Manufacturing Technology Instructor is a full-time, 10-month position for Cowley College’s CTE program. This position is responsible for effectively managing the Manufacturing Technology program and successfully teaching across six primary manufacturing topics: Programmable Logic Controls, Mechanical Systems, Industrial Process Control, Basic Electricity/AC-DC Current, Motor/Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems.
- Teach state approved courses in Manufacturing Technology.
- Instruct students in competency-based program curriculum using current instructional strategies appropriate to the subject matter to assure highest quality classroom instruction.
- Effectively manage the classroom to create an optimal learning environment, maintaining an appropriate balance of classroom discipline.
- Maintain up-to-date records and reports of student attendance, academic progress, and grades as required by College policy and certification/regulatory agencies.
- Assure that lab equipment is maintained in working order.
- Order and maintain inventory of required student learning materials and supplies.
- Recruit students for the Manufacturing Technology program.
- Develop relationships with business community and industry partners.
- Creation of curriculum, instructional materials, and oversight of manufacturing lab and equipment.
- Serve as the advisor for Manufacturing Technology students.
- Responsible for the Manufacturing Technology operations for which assigned.
- Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organization.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures and consistently demonstrate Cowley's Core Values (People, Integrity, Accountability & Leadership)
- Assist the department chairperson and/or A.V.P. of Business and Industry Advancement by performing other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of and experience in the appropriate subject matter.
- Capable of developing, qualifying, and approving procedures, establishing and approving techniques, interpreting codes, standards, specifications, and procedures; and designating the particular Manufacturing Technology methods, techniques, and procedures to be used.
- Capable of interpreting and evaluating results in terms of existing codes, standards, and specifications.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Ability to work and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Good communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work. Work well under deadline pressures.
- Ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and diverse populations.
Required Education Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field PLUS two years’ related trade experience OR
- Relevant industry certifications PLUS five years’ related trade experience (may be required to earn Associates degree).
- Have sufficient practical experience in applicable materials, fabrication, and product technology to establish techniques and to assist in establishing acceptance criteria when none are otherwise available.
- Industry experience, preferred.
Supervisory Requirements: Indirectly lead all program faculty and adjunct faculty.
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time; ability to move freely around the campus and outreach centers; ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to bend, stoop, reach and grasp as required to perform responsibilities; ability to drive motor vehicle; and ability to work on the computer for long periods of time.
Work performed in a classroom, laboratory and office environment.
Cowley College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Cowley College is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, or any other factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable law.