Employee HandbookEmployee Benefits for Full-time Employees of Cowley College
BenefitsDirect — Voluntary Benefits that fit your needs!
Everyone deserves to have peace of mind, and the employee benefits provided through your employer can help you get there. At BenefitsDirect we understand that one size does not fit all – that’s why we engage multiple carriers for different products. The plans we offer are designed to fit the different lifestyles and needs of the employees at Cowley College.Products Offered:
- Accident Insurance - When you have a covered accident and seek treatment, this policy can provide you cash benefits that are paid directly to you and you decide the best way to spend them. After an accident, you may have expenses you’ve never thought about before. Can your finances handle them? It’s reassuring to know that an accident insurance policy can be there for you through the many stages of care, from the initial emergency treatment or hospitalization, to follow up treatments or physical therapy.
- Cancer Insurance - No one wants to experience a cancer diagnosis, but the fact is that the risk of getting cancer is great. A supplemental cancer/specified-disease insurance policy can also help protect your income and savings from expenses that aren’t covered by your major medical coverage, including: medical expenses, specialists, experimental treatment, radiation and chemotherapy, plus more! While you can’t always predict the future, you can be prepared.
- Short Term Disability Insurance – This insurance provides employees the opportunity to protect their income should they medically be unable to work due to pregnancy/childbirth, injury, or illness.
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance - Term Life provides a work-based Group Life insurance plan that offers employees and their dependents a cost-effective financial safety net in their time of need. This Voluntary benefit offers a very flexible plan design and low cost to help you gain the extra protection you need to fit your personal insurance needs.
EMPAC (Employee Assistance Program)
A free benefit for all employees and those members of their household. EMPAC provides professional assistance, counseling, and education to help employees and their children live to the fullest. 24/7.
Call: 1-800-234-0630Confidential One-on-One Counseling
- Family and Parenting
- Life event changes
- Marital and relationship issues
- Self-esteem concerns
- Grief and loss
- Stress, depression and anxiety
- Work-related concerns
- School concerns
- Divorce recovery
- Helping find licensed, affordable care
- Long distance care giving
- Referrals for appropriate care
- Helping dependents with special needs