Health and Human Services Department Scholarship
The Health and Human Services Department at Cowley College offers TUITION scholarships to a limited number of qualified applicants for the Allied Health, EMS, Cosmetology, and Criminal Justice programs. A scholarship contract will be mailed to selected applicants.
- must be a full time student (at least 12 hours)
- must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.25
- must maintain a 3.25 GPA while at Cowley College
- must have a declared major in the Health and Human Services Department
- recommended that each award recipient take one leadership class each semester while receiving the scholarship, though it is not required
- must be a Kansas resident according to criteria determined by the Registrar's Office at Cowley College.
- complete the Application for Scholarship
- submit half page essay indicating the major you are going to declare within the Health and Human Services Department and why this major interests you.
- obtain letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or counselor, college professor or present/past employer.
- send official copies of current college and high school transcripts to college
Department scholarships are available for renewal based on satisfactory completion of GPA and department criteria. Scholarships are awarded only for Spring & Fall semesters.
In addition to this Department Scholarship, several others are available to EMS students and are listed here.
Fall Semester: February 15th
Spring Semester: October 15th
Click here for an online application for the Health & Human Services Department Scholarship..
For more information contact:
Chris Cannon, Department Chair
Winfield Allied Health Center
1406 East 8th Avenue
Winfield, KS 67156