Nursing Home Administrator
The health care industry is currently experiencing a nationwide shortage of qualified health care workers, including administrators of long term care facilities.
Cowley College offers the Administrator in Training Program (AIT), designed to accommodate the flexibility students need today. Students have up to 16 weeks (one semester) to complete the required 480 clock hour practicum at a KDHE approved long term health care facility in Kansas. (Extensions are available.)
Students are also required to complete one online class (three credit hours) offered by Cowley College. This classes must be completed by the end of the 16 week time frame given for the practicum. Only classes taken through Cowley College will fulfill this requirement. The required class is:
- ALH 1676 - Health Care Finance
The State of Kansas also requires a Bachelor’s degree.Program Requirements:
- Completion of ALH 5213 Long Term Adult Health Care Administrator (practicum), 13 credit hours
- Completion of one required online class through Cowley, 3 credit hours
This program is one of the oldest and most popular in the state and enjoys the highest enrollment for a program of its nature.
Advantages of Cowley's program:
- The program serves students statewide
- No on-campus classes are required, course content is available online
- Program Coordinator is a Licensed Adult Care Administrator
- Students communicate with the coordinator via phone or email
- Tuition costs are low