Cowley Performing Arts Audition Day
Sign up will be available throughout the day for Band, Choir, and Theatre scholarship auditions through a Sign Up Genius link. Students may sign up for as many areas for auditions as they like.
- You don’t have to be a major!
- 2.5 GPA
- Maintain 12 credit hours
- Scholarships cover up to 18 credit hours of tuition and use of your books for the year
Specific Requirements and Audition process per area:
Instrumental Music Scholarships: (click here for more details)
- Perform a 16-32 bar selection of your choice.
- Perform a piano piece of your choice.
- Please contact Stephen Butler at email@example.com to set up an audition time.
Theatre Scholarships: (click here for more details)
- Performance: Perform a monologue/song from memory, no longer than 3 minutes long
- Technical/Design: Present a portfolio of your design/technical work
- Interview to discuss your interest areas and learn about your work
Vocal Music Scholarships: (click here for more details)
- Sing a memorized song (art song/folk song/musical theatre piece) 1-3 minutes long
- Short sight-reading exercise
- Range check
Sit in on a class!
Students are encouraged to sit in on a class to see what it would be like to be a Cowley music student! Choose to sit in on any of the areas you are interested in.
10:00 AM-10:50 AM – Acting - Brown Center room 203
11:00 AM-11:50 AM – Jazz Band - Galle Johnson Band Room
12:00 PM-1:00 PM – Stagecraft: Introduction to Theatrical Design - Brown Center Theatre stage
1:00 PM-1:50 PM – Choir - Brown Center Choir Room BC 209
2:00 PM-2:50 PM – Pep Band - Galle Johnson Band Room