Study Tips for Kinesthetic Learners
- Actively participate in discussions.
- Use all of your senses - sight, touch, taste, smell, hearing.
- Use direct involvement, physical manipulation, imagery, and "hands on" activities to improve motivation, interest, and memory.
- Organize information into the steps that were used to physically complete a task.
- Seek out courses that have laboratories, field trips, etc. and lecturers who give real life examples.
- Use case studies and applications (example) to help with principles and abstract concepts.
- Allow for physical action in solving problems.
- Use practice, play acting, and modeling to prepare for tests.
- Allow for physical movement and periodic breaks during tests, while reading, or while composing written assignments.
- Role play the exam situation.
- Teach the material to someone else.
- Write practice answers, paragraphs or essays.