Cowley College

Academic Support

Academic Support

Eligibility Requirements for the IMPACT Program

The Student Support Services IMPACT Program serves 160 participants. Of the 160 participants, at least 67% must meet income guidelines and be a first generation college student or have a documented disability. The remaining 33% can be first generation, meet income guidelines or be a student with a documented disability. In addition, 33% of the students with disabilities must also meet income guidelines. There may be times that a student must be put on a wait list due to their particular category being full.

Students are eligible for the IMPACT Program and services if they meet the following requirements:

  1. Must be planning to graduate with a degree from Cowley College and/or transfer to a four-year university.
  2. Must show academic need for services. (Call or stop by the IMPACT office for more information on academic need.)

Students must meet the two guidelines listed above and at least one of the following categories:

  1. First Generation College Student (neither parent graduated with a bachelor’s degree or higher.)
  2. Meet Income Guidelines
  3. Documented Disability (learning or physical)