Cowley College Catalog
Cowley College CatalogCowley College is a community college and a vocational/technical school with seven locations in south central Kansas and an online college.
With more than 80 majors and degree possibilities, we can prepare you to transfer to a four-year program or to enter the workforce with a two-year job-ready degree. We can meet your educational needs.
Our catalog provides detailed information about each of our academic degrees and Programs.
The catalog is published in four sections.
- Contact Information
- Academic Calendar
- Admissions Information
- Payment of Tuition, Fees, and Plans
- Financial Aid
- Veterans’ Education Benefits
- Registration Guidelines
- Academic and Student Support Services
- Involvement Opportunities
- Degree Requirements
- Degree Requirements for Graduation
- Courses to Fulfil General Education Requirements
- College Overview & Notices
- Academic Policies and Procedures
- Academic Fresh Start
- Academic Progress
- Access to Student Information
- Advanced Standing Credit
- College Credit for Life Experiences
- College Level Examination Program
- Attendance and Class Work
- Auditing a Class
- Cancellation of Classes
- Credit Hour
- Credit Transferred from other Colleges
- Final Examinations
- Full-Time Status
- Student Appeal of Course Grades
- Grading System
- Records on Hold
- Refunds for Cancelled Classes
- Repeating a Class
- Semester System
- Students Receiving Federal Financial Aid
- Verification of Enrollment
- Withdrawal from Courses
- Withdrawal - Administrative
- Complete Withdrawal
- Withdrawal (Partial)
- Student Policies and Procedures
- Academic Code of Conduct
- Institutional Academic Integrity
- Misconduct Disciplinary Action
- Due Process
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Right to Know
Section 3: Course Descriptions
- Over four hundred Course Descriptions are listed by prefix and include the course number, credit hours, course title, prerequisites, and content description.
- KRSN Numbers: Courses that currently have a Kansas Regents Shared Number (Common Course Numbers designated by the Kansas System Wide Transfer Course Matrix effective Fall 2013) are indicated by their associated KRSN number.
- Links to Course Procedures.
- Each Course Description include a link to its associated Course Procedure.
Section 4: Degrees and Certificates
- This section of the catalog includes a degree grid for over ninety degrees and certificates. The grids suggest a Plan of Study that indicates which courses should be taken each semester.
- Cowley College offers Associate of Arts Degree (AA), Associate of General Studies (AGS), Associate of Applied Science (AAS), and Vocational Certificates.