Kansas House Bill 2144
Community College Taxpayer Transparency Act
Cowley College provides information to the public annually in compliance with Kansas House Bill 2144, known as the “Community College Taxpayer Transparency Act.”
House Bill 2144 requires publication of the following information:
- Tuition rates by student residency;
- Fees charged by student residency;
- Percentage of students attending each campus by residency;
- Enrollment percentages by student residency;
- Enrollment percentage of students residing in the service area as defined by the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR);
- Aggregate, collected property tax revenues;
- Aggregate amount of mills levied by the Cowley College Board of Trustees;
- Aggregate scholarship amounts broken out to represent athletic and non-athletic awards;
- Aggregate scholarship amounts broken out by funding source, institutional and foundation.
Questions regarding the information contained in this report may be directed to Deborah A. Phelps, Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness, email@example.com.