This unique certificate program prepares candidates to work in flour mills as an associate working in many of the areas of the modern mills. Studies will include basic math needed for the mill environment, as well as an overview of equipment, electronics and electricity, and pneumatic fundamentals. Students will be introduced to the milling process, the wheat characteristics and the industry, and the various requirements of the gradual reduction process in making wheat flour. Quality assessments will be an integral part of studies. At the conclusion of the courses, candidates will complete an internship at a functioning flour mill.
The milling program will support the mission of Cowley College by providing industry relevant skills and theoretical knowledge of both mechatronics and milling systems and their related processes.
Contact us to get started!
Dr. Tina Grillot
- Career in a high-demand, recession-proof field
- Starting salaries can exceed $45,000
- Guaranteed internship opportunity in a live milling environment
- Potential for full-time employment upon program completion
- Tailored curriculum developed by top industry professionals in partnership with the International Association of Operative Millers
- Low tuition with the ability to use financial aid for those who qualify
- Convenient online coursework coupled with hands-on learning experiences
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of internship
- Earn a High School Diploma or GED prior to employment
- Satisfy all employment requirements at selected internship site
- Search under Programs of Study in the Academic Catalog for course details.
- Click here to see the Program Integrity — Gainful Employment Disclosure
Dr. Tina Grillot