Health & Human Services
Child Care & Development
The child care development program at Cowley College consists of an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Child Care & Development and a Child Care Certificate.
The AAS degree is recommended for those who prefer to work with children from birth through age eight in a child care and development setting, such as in-home child care or a child care facility. The AAS degree is also recommended for those who are seeking an upper level position within child care such as director of a center.
The Child Care Certificate offers advanced course work for those seeking employment within a child care center or as a licensed in-home child care provider.Why Cowley?
- Dedicated faculty with a passion for teaching and the process of learning
- Cutting edge program ready to empower you to meet the demands and needs of today’s world
- Hands-on curriculum that will allow you to start building the tools needed for the career field
- State of Kansas Early Learning Standards are embedded in Cowley’s curriculum
- Professional development opportunities throughout the program, i.e. Cowley C.A.R.E Conference, KAEYC, Early Learning Leaders.
- High quality online classes with qualified instructors
- Technology in the classroom: Computer technology
- A hands-on, interactive, fun, play-based approach to learning with a purpose
- Every day provides new and different learning opportunities
- Face to face and online coursework to accommodate working schedules
- Collaborate with Early Childhood Associate Apprenticeship Program and Industry
Note: For students interested in earning a teacher license in early childhood education and work for a public school system, the Associate of Arts in Elementary/Early Childhood is recommended and can be found under the Education category.
- CHC 5711 Orientation to Child Care
- CHC 5717 Early Childhood
- CHC 5715 Interaction Techniques w/Young Children
- CHC 5719 Creative Activities for Young Children (w/lab)
- CHC 5735 Child Care Administration & Organization
- CHC 5740 Infant & Toddler Care
Director of Child Care and Development/Early Childhood Education